A professional teacher will engage with visiting groups in our Education Centre, and explain what they can experience at Exotic Animal World.
Meet live animals as part of the session.
We provide age appropriate, CAPS-aligned Worksheets for each learner, keeping their hands and minds busy. (Pre-school to Grade 7)
Our Education Centre seats up to 80 learners.
The animal demonstration is followed by a self-guided journey through the out door & tropical gardens and display rooms.
What to see at Exotic Animal World
We have tropical fish, frogs and axolotls from various fresh water systems.
Our Creepy Crawly room shows spiders, insects, snails, frogs and other amazing creatures!
Explore the gardens and see Ring-tailed Lemurs, Iguanas, Marmosets, Meerkats and Owls.
A reptile bay with Skinks, Plated Lizards and Snakes. (No venomous snakes at the Sanctuary)
Wonderful large aviaries with Macaws, African-gray Parrot’s and Turacou’s.
Our Koi Fish and free-flying birds are inside the tropical garden.
Pricing and Tariffs
Valid for bookings made prior to December 06th 2023
Schools and Home Schools
- Learners – R35 pp
- Accompanying Adults – R55 pp
Adults in a Tour Group – R70 pp
Pensioners in a Tour Group – R50 PP
Students in a Tour Group – R50 PP
School Booking Requirements
Each child should please bring a pencil to complete the worksheet in the garden.
Estimated time of a visit is 2 ½ hours:
- 45 minutes for the lecture
- 45 minutes for walking through the garden
- 1 hour for picnicking and leisure time.
We rotate our animal ambassadors, but you will encounter a few of them during the lessons.
For group bookings, please email us for a Booking Form.
We will require the following information:
• Preferred date and time of visit
• Name of School/ Organization/ University
• Grades of classes + English or Afrikaans
• Number of learners per grade/ students/ adults
• Contact person, telephone and email-address
School Group Information
Booking for groups is essential
After you have made a pre-booking to confirm dates and times, we will send you a booking form.
You need to complete the booking form and e-mail the form back to us; we will then send you your invoice and confirmation of your booking.
- Costs are R31 per learner which includes the lecture, worksheet and entrance into The Animal Sanctuary.
- All children who attend the lesson as part of a group will be charged. (This include children under the age of 3)
- There must be a minimum of 10 paying learners to be considered a group booking.
- Free entry for teachers appointed by the school with the ratio of 1 teacher per 20 kids (for grade 1 upwards) and 1 teacher per 10 kids (from grade R and below).
- Also note that we expect the teachers to accompany the learners during the lecture and into the garden.
- Any accompanying teachers’ assistants/parents/adults with school groups enter at a discount rate of R 51 per person.
- No charge for professional bus or taxi drivers.
Home School Groups
- Home School Bookings are the same as other School Bookings
- Learners pay R35 each
- The parent who organised the outing comes in free of charge.
- The rest of the adults pay the discount rate of R55 pp entrance fee.
- Bookings have a minimum of 10 learners