- Decorated theme birthday table. Yours for two hours
- A Kids Platter unique to The Green Lemur
- Surprise Party Box.
- 2 Adults enter The Sanctuary free of charge for the day of the party.
- On the day unlimited entry into The Animal Sanctuary and its more than 700 creatures!
In addition to our regular menu, The Green Lemur offers a choice of the following items on request:
- Various platters and sandwiches
- Selection of cakes and cup cakes
You may bring your own birthday cake.
All additional food must be bought at The Green Lemur
Own snacks / refreshments are not permitted.
What to see at The Animal Sanctuary
We have tropical fish, frogs and axolotls from various fresh water systems. Our Creepy Crawly room shows spiders, scorpions and other amazing creatures! See our large lizards: Iguanas! Marmosets, Meerkats and Owls. Snakes (No venomous snakes at the Sanctuary) A reptile bay with Skinks, Bearded Dragons and others. 4 Large aviaries. See the different stages of the life cycle of butterflies! Our Koi Fish, Terrapins and birds inside the tropical garden. Fascinating Roadkill Skeleton display
Easy steps to making a birthday party booking at The Green Lemur
Complete the booking details form. Your booking is subject to availability, and we work on a first come, first served basis.
If there is a suitable date, we will send you a confirmation and a booking form.
On the booking form, you choose a theme from the following options:
- Jungle Party
- Dinosaur Party
- Flamingo Party
- Unicorn Party
- Llama Party
You are welcome to bring your own décor and setup yourself an hour before your party. No discounts will apply for using your own décor. Please note that we have a strict NO Balloon & NO Plastic Straws Policy.
You will also choose one of the following Theme Party Package Options:
- Regular Party Box, Birthday Platter, Entry + Decorated Table R133
- Luxury Party Box, Birthday Platter, Entry + Decorated Table R153
- Ultra Party Box, Birthday Platter, Entry + Decorated Table R173
(We pack the party boxes ourselves so we know it is excellent value for money!)
Complete the booking form and send it back to us along with proof of payment of R300 deposit. This deposit is non-refundable, but will be deducted from your final invoice. Now your booking is secure! (Please note we can’t secure your booking without proof of the deposit and the booking form)
We send you an invoice based on the numbers on your booking form. This is the confirmation of your booking. You may pay for the party on the day. If the numbers change, you can just let us know.
If you have any other catering requirements like cupcakes etc, please do not hesitate to call us. One of the managers will discuss the possibilities with you.
Please let us have the final numbers no later than 2 days before your party.
On the day of the Party
Don’t forget the cake!
You will have the party table for the 2 hours that you indicated
- (These slots are: 10-12, 1-3 or 2-4)
- However the good news is that you may spend as much time in The Animal Sanctuary as you like! The time slot is for when you have your table.
- If you choose to decorate the table yourself, we will make it available for you one hour before the start of your party. Please note that no balloons are allowed on the premises.
All children under 12 MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times while on the premises of The Animal Sanctuary. This is for the safety of the children as much as for the animals.
We have live interactive animal demonstrations on Saturdays and during the school holidays, at 10am, 12pm and 2pm, which party children are welcome to attend at no extra cost. These are also open to the other guests of The Animal Sanctuary. If you are having a party during the week and in the school term, we can offer a private animal demonstration, also at no extra cost!
- Costs are R31 per learner which includes the lecture, worksheet and entrance into The Animal Sanctuary.
- All children who attend the lesson as part of a group will be charged. (This include children under the age of 3)
- There must be a minimum of 10 paying learners to be considered a group booking.
- Free entry for teachers appointed by the school with the ratio of 1 teacher per 20 kids (for grade 1 upwards) and 1 teacher per 10 kids (from grade R and below).
- Also note that we expect the teachers to accompany the learners during the lecture and into the garden.
- Any accompanying teachers’ assistants/parents/adults with school groups enter at a discount rate of R 51 per person.
- No charge for professional bus or taxi drivers.
Home School Groups
- The parent who organised the outing comes in free of charge.
- The rest of the adults pay the discount rate of R51 pp entrance fee.