Welcome to Exotic Animal World!
We are open everyday, 9am – 5pm.
No bookings required.
Special 2018 Day Rates apply:
Children: Normally R49
Children under 3: Free
Students and pensioners: R79
Family (2 adults and 2 kids): R225
Please see our visit us page for directions.
We are open to visitors!
To make your visit safe we have a sanitising station at the front door and all visitors are required to wear a face mask.
Luckily we have a large space so maintaining your social distancing is easy!
Due to big changes to international trade during the coronavirus pandemic we could no longer import butterfly pupae from abroad. Local butterflies aren’t suitable for tropical garden exhibitions and as such we do not currently exhibit butterflies. However our tropical gardens are full of exotic birds, and during your visit you can also see hundreds of other animals that have found a home here at Exotic Animal World. We hope you can visit us and see we still have much to offer!
On site is the wonderful Café Lemur, serving hot drinks, meals and incredible cakes! You can find out more information from them through their Facebook page.
Those with an entry ticket may eat their Café Lemur takeaways in our gardens but we ask that home picnics are not consumed on site.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please Support Our Sanctuary
For 25 years Exotic Animal World has rescued, rehabilitated and given a home to abandoned exotic pets. We educate thousands of learners, teaching them the magic of nature and respect for all creatures. We are the destination for countless magical family outings.
However, like many, we have been hit hard by Covid-19 restrictions. This is a heartfelt plea for support to continue our work.
Why do we need your help?
- Due to covid-19 restrictions, overnight our entire income was cut off
- We could not reduce costs as we have over 700 animals to care for!
- During lockdown even more animals were left in our care, as pet owners could no longer keep them.
- Many animals came to us in poor condition, so we our vet bills increased
- We have had THIRTEEN break-ins in 2021 alone
- During these break-ins, equipment was stolen
- Our bridge partially collapsed during an unusual flooding event
- Our roof was damaged during high winds
We worked hard to be Covid-19 compliant and can once again welcome visitors back to our sanctuary, so things are really looking up. We just need a little extra support..
Thank you for any donations during this difficult time,
The Exotic Animal World Team.Donate Now